Association is part of a collective movement to transform the fight against inequalities into a national priority; launch will be on August 30th, at the National Congress, in Brasília
ABES – Brazilian Association of Software Companies participated, this Wednesday, August 30, in the launch of the National Pact to Combat Inequalities, at the National Congress, in Brasília. Along with other organizations, ABES will be articulated in a new collective movement to transform the fight against inequalities into a national priority. The movement is coordinated by ABCD – Brazilian Action to Combat Inequalities.
At the ceremony, the first practical actions of the collective were presented:
· Launch of the Brazilian Observatory of Inequalities, which will promote a diagnosis of the current situation of Brazilian inequalities based on the collection of data related to indicators in 12 areas, in partnership with the Brazilian Center for Analysis and Planning (CEBRAP);
· Creation of the Parliamentary Front to Combat Inequalities, with first proposals for PLs;
· Institution of the Combating Inequalities Award for municipalities that have obtained the best results in reducing inequalities.
· Launch of publications with proposals for municipalities, companies and workers' unions to act to combat inequalities.
· Presentation of national research on attitudes and perceptions of Brazilians in relation to inequalities and map of inequalities among Brazilian capitals.
In addition to monitoring the advances and setbacks of the different dimensions of Brazilian inequalities based on the annual collection of data by the Observatory, the Pact provides for the monitoring of public policies to combat inequalities and the collection of results on an ongoing basis, aiming to ensure that the policies implemented actually combat inequalities.
“ABES is happy to join the Pact, as it is fully aligned with our purpose of helping to build a More Digital and Less Unequal Brazil, where we are sure of the role of technology in improving the quality of life, in an inclusive and egalitarian way. We hope to contribute to the fight against inequalities in Brazil, through the Mobilização Para A Importação Da Inequality, led by ABES, in partnership with ReUrbi and Observatório do Terceira Setor, and with the support of Weber Shandwick, whose objective is to support social and digital inclusion projects , through resources obtained through the recycling of obsolete ICT equipment. The mobilization has already recycled around 190 tons, generating resources that will impact the lives of more than 36,000 people in 5 years. We are signatories of the UN Global Compact Brazil Network, committed to effectively contribute to 8 of the 17 SDGs of the Global Compact,” details Rodolfo Fücher, President of the Board of ABES.
ABES (Brazilian Association of Software Companies) aims to contribute to the construction of a more digital and less unequal Brazil, in which information technology plays a fundamental role in the democratization of knowledge and the creation of new opportunities for all. In this sense, it aims to ensure a business environment conducive to innovation, ethical, dynamic, sustainable and globally competitive, always in line with its mission to connect, guide, protect and develop the Brazilian information technology market.
ABES currently represents around 2,000 companies, which account for approximately 85% of revenues in the software and services sector in Brazil, distributed across 24 states and the Federal District, responsible for generating more than 232,000 direct jobs and annual revenues of Rs.＄ 92 billion in 2022. Access the ABES Portal or call: +55 (11) 5094-3100.